New scanner from Shining3D - Einstar

The Cleaning looks simular to the Artec Studio Software.
I post a Video of it in my Post at the Develop Forum.
I try to Help revopoint to Improve the Software

1 Like

The Revo software could use some help for sure.

2 Likes

No problem I speak German as well

I see it has the same issue with losing tracking like POP2 what is not abnormal when scanning with this technology.

But…
So far the best video showing it so far , very good results and of course the software is on another level .

I would compare the quality here to POP2 in a Head/Body mode results .

Now if anybody showing it scanning outdoors …and textures …

Hopefully rilot will get his soon.

1 Like

The software shown in the video is Awesome!

Mostly likely reason to purchase a Einstar

2 Likes

I have actually 3 reasons , and not as replacement for Revopoint devices but as additional tool .

2 Likes

Oh das ist schön zu hören :slight_smile:

I hope revopoint is reading this topic and can see that they be forced to Improve the software with new Features.

I can give so much input from Artec Studio, what for me is one of the Best 3D Scanning Softwares on the Market.

I dont expect that they get an Secound Artec because the 1000€ per Year but they should realy work on the Basic Functions and the tools its so restricted.

1 Like

Trust me they do , I was just talking about it with the Revo Team .

Yes it is , but I don’t think they going to copy anything from it , Creality do that ending with a lawsuit , it is not as easy task .
You see sometimes the base software codes are not allowed to be merged into one software , that why they keep it separate for a reason .
And not because they can’t do it .

Revopoint development team are PhD engineers and programers, it is not that they don’t know what they doing or need help , but good suggestions are always welcome as long it do not copycat other companies work .
They take suggestion very serious and have a long to do list on many things already , it just don’t going so fast as would be expected.

Artec is around for s long time now , Revopoint just started with their customer scanners , slow process but I hope as well for some improvements .

Personally I just want my perfect point cloud to be generated, as I have my other software that are well established to finish the job the way I want it .

Everything starts from point cloud , if it is not good , software will not helping here much either . So some new bugs need to be solved first .

And I understand to concern , not everyone is skilled enough or have the founds to buy expensive software to finish off the job , so all the scanning process could be much easier for them to begin with inside one software with a proper and more advanced tools .

We see what they come up with next

Yes i agree you, the way isnt to copy the software but they can take some inspiration how it could be.
No one wants a copy of it, they should go there own way.

2 Likes

It seems to me that the acquisition software (Revo scan) needs to catch up to the hardware. You can have a very accurate scanner but without the software to capture all the data needed for a complete scan, you end up with a lackluster unusable scan that even in post processing is difficult to use. Accuracy needs to be raised. My current scanner is a legitimate .05mm on a bad day. The pic I posted of the bellhousing I did with my 14yr old heavy scanner is way better than the .02mm MINI. I was/am wanting to use the MINI for accurate hole locations in objects for reverse engineering. It would save so much time using both scanners. Each one capturing objects it’s good at then merging all the scans later.

What are those 3 reasons that would make you buy it?
Freundliche Grüsse! :grin:

1. Scanning outdoors thanks to 3 Infrared Lasers
  2. Built in LED for better capture of textures
  3. Software ( scanning + editing )

I watch today great video … it shows exactly the process with details .
Did not expected the process to be so advanced with the software , the point cloud was perfection , reminds me of early Handy Scan point cloud algorithms and early on Android that I love .
The RGB data per vertex was super.

The mesh accuracy is not as great as with MINI but I need it for bigger objects where it really don’t matters as I need it in lower resolution anyway and if course textures.

Also when you edit the model you can retexture and that is what Revo Studio is missing right now .

So to be clear, still love my MiNI and POP2 but scanning outdoors is something they can’t do unless it is dark and not sunny . I have here assets for games on my mind , where the accuracy really not matters much .

1 Like

Can you show me the Video too?

:laughing: That were my love to details came from , my mother was Austrian/German

1 Like

What’s the difference between those 3 infrared lasers and infrared from pop 2? I mean, same light spectrum, still pop 2 can’t really do daylight outdoor scanning. Is it because light intensity is too weak and can’t be picked up by cameras in sunlight? Where lasers are much “brighter”?

The acquisition software is awesome!! You can scan and edit in one place. I’m sure you could import a MINI scan into that software and edit the scan there. Their software looks a lot like VXelements and VXmodel in one. That’s what I’m looking for. You can do so much editing in there and the quality indicator looks interesting as well as texture remapping. Wish he would have used the watertight model because the boots had some holes in them.

That is great Mike yes it is , I am editing my models in Zbrush always , but sometimes for a quick scan it is handy to remove some parts before meshing it especially if you can re-texture it again after , less job later to fix the areas …

IR is IR cloudy or a sunny day it is always there , it is possible 1 laser was too weak, that why they used 3 in combination with LED white light.
the technology is almost the same , but the execution is different .
Most good scanners do have IR and white light LED combinations for scanning .
it can scan black plastic as you saw, IR usually do not reflects from black plastic .
Well little speculations here , but I may be right … we going see it in action soon .

1 Like

Does the Einscan SP scanner come with the same acquisition software as the Einstar scanner??