New Revpoint POP does not work with the Mac

I got a new Revpoint POP and I work with the Mac. My operating system is the latest version MacOS Big Sur 11.4. I installed the HandyScan software and connected the POP scanner with the USB cable. The indicator light on the scanner glowed green and then blue, so the scanner seemed to be active.
However, the screen remained gray and the status line indicated that no device was found.
How can I get the POP scanner working on the Mac?

I thought it might just be me. I am having the identical problem. I notice others in the same boat. I think there must be a glitch in the software.

Whether the POP is connected to a PC, Mac, Android or iPhone, or only connected to power, the turn-on sequence should be Green, Red, Blue then Green again.

If it’s stuck at Blue, then you have a problem (possibly too little current from the power source).

This has been a problem for many devices. Sometimes, it is the computer or the phone not being able to provide enough current; sometimes, it is is the cable not being able to carry enough current (this will not be the case if you are connecting your Mac directly to the POP).

Try an external power pack that is rated for more than 1 Amp. It is even possible that you have to try another port on your Mac.

Hi @ulfinger @hugh @JeffLindstrom

At this period, the macOS version only supports Wi-Fi mode. The USB mode is under development.

Here is the steps for your reference: [New Release] The Beta Mac Version of Handy Scan - 20210604 - #13 by Revopoint3d

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me either on Mac
I see the WIFI requirement right now. But when I start the application it comes up for about 10 seconds then crashes. It won’t stay up on my MBP crashes every time.
I am not using the beta version but xxx611
(I can get it to kind of scan on my iPhone but it crashes on that before I can complete a decent scan.)

Last login: Sat Jun 19 17:24:59 on ttys000

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run chsh -s /bin/zsh.

For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.

Hughs-MacBook-Pro-2:~ hugh$ /Applications/HandyScan.app/Contents/MacOS/HandyScan ; exit;

configure xml path:/Applications/HandyScan.app/Contents/MacOS/config.xml

System::setCameraChangeCallback

System::queryCameras

NetMonitor::findCameraList

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_closeBtn_clicked()

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_Clipping_checked()

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_btnSave_clicked()

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_message(int)

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_button_state(int)

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_distance(int)

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_key_info()

qt.qpa.fonts: Populating font family aliases took 253 ms. Replace uses of missing font family “黑体” with one that exists to avoid this cost.

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_ui(int,int,QString)

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_Algorithmui(int,int,QString)

AS INFO in […/csfs/render/osgQtASGLWidget.cpp 446] : “resizeGL: x:255, y:80, w:961,h:525, scale:2”

AS ERROR in […/csfs/render/osgQtASGLWidget.cpp 350] : “ASGLWidget::computeHomePosition error ,radius:-1.000000”

AS INFO in […/csfs/render/osgQtASGLWidget.cpp 446] : “resizeGL: x:275, y:80, w:1101,h:604, scale:2”

AS ERROR in […/csfs/render/osgQtASGLWidget.cpp 350] : “ASGLWidget::computeHomePosition error ,radius:-1.000000”

AS INFO in […/csfs/proc/GPPWrapper.cpp 141] : “LazyInit”

AS INFO in […/csfs/proc/GPPWrapper.cpp 178] : “num_procs = 4”

AS INFO in […/csfs/service/discovery.cpp 37] : “Discovery::init start”

https://api.infly3d.com/api/ota/version/info” with args: “{\n “code”: “”,\n “deploy”: “”,\n “versionNumber”: “”\n}\n”

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_LookHelpDocBtn_clicked()

current camera size:0, last camera size:0

added camera size:0, removed camera size:0

Timeout

“Operation canceled”

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_closeBtn_clicked()

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

logout

Saving session…

…copying shared history…

…saving history…truncating history files…

…completed.

[Process completed]