[New Release] The Beta Mac Version of Handy Scan - 20210604

Thanks for your input. I double checked the Loopback and it was input correctly. Tried again just now and after a 1-2 minutes Handy Scan started working. I’m not sure why it took so long to see the scanner. I did a scan on the torso head that came with the POP scanner and it seemed to work. After that I hid Handy Scan and was working on something else when Handy Scan unexpectedly quit.

I’ve managed to connect but its very laggy and constantly crashing so I’m giving up and waiting for the usb update

Hi @dfodaro

At this period, Handy Studio is not available on Mac version. But we will add it in the future version.

Best Regards
Cassie

Unless I’m missing something, all of these instructions assume that the device is actually putting out a wifi signal, as far as I can tell, mine is not, nor is there any way of making it do so. I see at least a dozen different access points, none of which are the device.

Why was this released if wifi is the only way of connecting and the device doesn’t automatically put out a wifi signal if not connected to a USB enabled computer?

Hi, @thomasl

Sorry, it’s our fault for not explaining it clearly.

You can set up a hotspot whose name is POP, and password is 12345678, then you can search for this hotspot on your Mac.

Below is the step of setting up a hotspot on iPhone:

Then you can search for the Wi-Fi named “POP” on your Mac.

Best Regards
Cassie

I can get my macbook pro connected using both USB and WIFI (i had to change my router name and password) but i keep getting the same error as soon as the camera is connected. (see Screenshot).

Can anyone help?

1 Like

@Revopoint3D-Cassie can you answer my query above please.

1 Like

Hi @Stuscans

Could you please try to unplug the POP and re-connected it again?

Best Regards
Cassie

@Revopoint3D-Cassie Yes I have tried this many times.

1 Like

May I know the Mac OS version?

@Revopoint3d hi I’m running Big Sur 11.4

@Revopoint3d Any ideas? At the moment i feel like i backed an expensive brick on Kickstarter.

1 Like

Hi @Stuscans

Could you please try to search “Revopoint” in the App Store, and download the newest version of Handy Scan to try it again?

Btw, may I know if you tried the POP with other devices (such as a Windows PC or a phone?)

Best Regards
Cassie

@Revopoint3D-Cassie

I have the latest version of Handy Scan,
I am running mac os 11.4.
I have tried powering the POP with a power bank, a USB and a 5v 2Amp plug-in USB power adapter.
I have set up a dedicated router with the name POP and password 12345678
I have tried it on my Android phone and the camera POP connects but will not scan, in addition when the pop shows a picture in the android there are shadows in pink and green (see screenshot).
I gave tried to connect it on a windows 10 OS on both a dedicated machine and a virtual machine.

Hi @Stuscans

We’re so sorry about this issue. Could you please send a video including your connection steps and the problem? (company rule to confirm the defective case)

Please send it to support@revopoint3d.com.

We will discuss it internally, and if it is finally confirmed as a defective one, we will resend you a new one.

Best Regards
Cassie

@Revopoint3D-Cassie Hi Cassie, I have sent an email with links to the videos.

Cheers.

@Revopoint3D-Cassie just a heads up I’m having a issue with the mac software saving as a stl it will only save as a obj. Thanks

Same here. I did have some luck running the Windows version via parallels, but the software is still quite slow. In some respects it probably would have been better for them to not bother releasing the software until they had at least a basic USB driver working. All this wifi stuff is not likely to ever work as well as connecting directly will.

When will you release the Mac version of Handy Scan with USB? I still can’t get Handy Scan to see my POP. Tried iPhone setup and router setup. I think we have been waiting long enough!

1 Like

There hasn’t been an update here in quite some time. When can we expect to see USB support on MacOS? I’m a little frustrated, and feel like the Mac community is being neglected.