[New Release] The Beta Mac Version of Handy Scan - 20210604

Dear Mac users,

After a long time hard-working, our product team finally released a Beta version of Handy Scan for Mac users. Now we sincerely hope you can download this version and leave your feedback to us.

Please make sure that the macOS version should be 10.15.7 and above.

Note on June 18: pls download the newest version here: http://revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/HandyScan-v2.5.5.0611.pkg

You can check the connection steps here: [New Release] The Beta Mac Version of Handy Scan - 20210604 - #13 by Revopoint3d

We will keep update it in the following days, so please feel free to let us know if you meet any bugs.

Best Regards
Revopoint Team

6 Likes

Doesn’t seem to he working just says no device found please plug in

1 Like

On a Macbook Pro 2015 with Big Sur it doesnt work.
In Nacos system info I do see the cam connected, But Handyscan doesnt see the cam.
Macos complains about missing developer signature,

Same here on an old MacBook Pro running Catalina. Green light on POP and the system info sees the device on the USB but the app says ‘No device was found. Please plug in.’
I’ll try a different machine tomorrow and update.

Tested on 4 macOS computers (Mac mini late 2014, Mac mini M1 2020, iMac 4K 2014, Lenovo Hackintosh) with all possible system combinations (macOS 10.13 to macOS 11.3): when clicking the “New” icon, the message “No device was found, please plug in” is always shown in the bottom-left corner despite the device being plugged into the computer and showing a stable green light. The “About” window also fails to show the device information. Moreover the executable log (below) clearly shows that the software fails to find the POP camera (camera size is always reported as 0). Please, RevoPoint dev team, tell us which Macintosh configurations you are using to develop and test the macOS version of HandyScan because no one seems to have reported a working setup just yet … ;(

Log file:

– begins here –
configure xml path:/Applications/HandyScan.app/Contents/MacOS/config.xml
System::setCameraChangeCallback
System::queryCameras
NetMonitor::findCameraList
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_closeBtn_clicked()
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout “” to ModelView “modelView”, which already has a layout
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_Clipping_checked()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_btnSave_clicked()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_message(int)
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_button_state(int)
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_distance(int)
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_key_info()
qt.qpa.fonts: Populating font family aliases took 275 ms. Replace uses of missing font family “黑体” with one that exists to avoid this cost.
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_ui(int,int,QString)
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_update_Algorithmui(int,int,QString)
AS INFO in […/csfs/proc/GPPWrapper.cpp 141] : “LazyInit”
AS INFO in […/csfs/proc/GPPWrapper.cpp 174] : “num_procs = 4”
QOpenGLContext::swapBuffers() called with non-exposed window, behavior is undefined
QOpenGLContext::swapBuffers() called with non-exposed window, behavior is undefined
qt.qpa.backingstore: Back buffer dpr of 2 doesn’t match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x7f7f9f865d40> contents scale of 1 - updating layer to match.
qt.qpa.backingstore: Back buffer dpr of 2 doesn’t match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x7f7f9fa241a0> contents scale of 1 - updating layer to match.
qt.qpa.backingstore: Back buffer dpr of 2 doesn’t match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x7f7fcee9d7c0> contents scale of 1 - updating layer to match.
qt.qpa.backingstore: Back buffer dpr of 2 doesn’t match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x7f7fcee91a90> contents scale of 1 - updating layer to match.
qt.qpa.backingstore: Back buffer dpr of 2 doesn’t match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x7f7fceecb3f0> contents scale of 1 - updating layer to match.
qt.qpa.backingstore: Back buffer dpr of 2 doesn’t match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x7f7fceeca960> contents scale of 1 - updating layer to match.
qt.qpa.backingstore: Back buffer dpr of 2 doesn’t match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x7f7fceec8ad0> contents scale of 1 - updating layer to match.
qt.qpa.backingstore: Back buffer dpr of 2 doesn’t match <_NSViewBackingLayer: 0x7f7fced5f970> contents scale of 1 - updating layer to match.
AS INFO in […/csfs/service/discovery.cpp 37] : “Discovery::init start”
current camera size:0, last camera size:0
added camera size:0, removed camera size:0
AS WARN in […/csfs/service/discovery.cpp 50] : “Discovery::init does NOT find device!”
https://api.infly3d.com/api/ota/version/info” with args: “{\n “code”: “”,\n “deploy”: “”,\n “versionNumber”: “”\n}\n”

“Error transferring https://api.infly3d.com/api/ota/version/info - server replied: Bad Request”

– ends here –

Oh and for those who are super super upset about the macOS version of HandyScan not working yet… I found a temporary work-around that relies on the WiFi connection. The macOS version of HandyScan tries by default to connect to the scanner via USB (which does not work right now as described above). However it is possible to switch to WiFi by modifying the configuration file inside the application bundle:

1. Open the HandyScan.app bundle (Control-right click on the app icon and select “Show Package Contents”) and browse to the MacOS folder inside the Contents folder.

2. Open the config file named “config.xml” with a text editor (plain text mode) and change the value of the deviceType parameter from 1 to 0 as shown in the attached screenshot, then save this file.

3. Open the HandyScan executable (Control-right click on the executable icon and select “Open”)

The app will then open from a Terminal window (showing a useful log by the way) and show the regular GUI. From there, you should be able to use the POP WiFi hotspot created from your iPhone. If you cannot create a POP WiFi hotspot from you iPhone (because your data plan does not have the HotSpot option, or because it is not convenient or too insecure), then you can create one directly from your Mac using the instructions found here: Creating a Wi-Fi Access Point on OS X – Laszlo Pusztai

I successfully tested this work-around on an iMac 4K running macOS Catalina 10.5.7. The HandyScan software then runs exactly the same way as with the iOS, Windows and Android versions.

As a bonus, once your Mac can successfully connect to the Pop scanner over WiFi, you can then change the name and password of the WiFi hotspot from the “About” window using the “WiFi Settings” option (Make sure to not forget both name and password if you changed them ! If you created your own WiFi hotspot from your Mac using the above link, you will have to turn off internet sharing and re-enable it after updating those new name and password in the “WiFi Options” oft he Sharing panel).

Good luck and happy 3D scanning on your Mac… while waiting for a fix for the USB connection from RevoPoint dev team…

HandyScan bundle

Changing the HotSpot configuration

4 Likes

The first public 3D scan using the macOS version of HandyScan over WiFi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well fun…

I tried it on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) MacOS 11.4:

• USB does not connect
  • WiFi-mode via my phone’s AP it worked, but lost connection every 10-15 seconds

Then I changed the WiFi settings via HandyScan, to connect the POP with my main AP (to test if it worked better).

Now the POP does not connect to any wifi anymore.

With a Win10 VM I can access the POP via USB (I see the camera preview, but no depth sensor, scan preview panel remains black). If I try to change the WiFi settings the software crashes once I press restart. Even if I return the wifi settings to my original phone’s hotspot the POP does not connect anymore.

TL;DR: I can’t use the POP anymore.

Same here, not connecting to the camera via USB cable…

Come on Revopoint Team… why did you delete my comment? I paid enough money and as a Mac user I just feel betrayed.

1 Like

Hi.
I’ve just received my POP and I’ve got a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014). I am running Mac OS X Catalina (10.15.7).
I installed the application from the google drive link in this thread.
The program ran (after going to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → General and authorizing it to run), but it keeps saying “Device was not found, please plug in.” I’ve tried connecting on both USB ports. Through a powered USB hub. I’ve waited for the scanner to her a solid green light before running the software, etc.
Still having the same problem.
The system identifies the scanner:

ZXProduct:

Product ID: 0x110a
Vendor ID: 0x2207 (Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd.)
Version: 3.10
Serial Number: A2135735266400A31
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/s
Manufacturer: Chishine3d
Location ID: 0x14200000 / 15
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

What can I do to help debug the app?
Cheers,

Dear POP users,

Sorry for only sharing the beta version application and missing the release note.

Now, Only the WIFI mode is working on The MAC; the USB mode for MAC is under development.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Here is the guide for connecting POP to Mac.

The Handy Scan only support the Mac OS 10.15 and above. Please update your Mac OS version.

1. Set up a wifi on your router or a hotspot on your phone:
    Name: POP
    Passwords: 12345678

Below is the step of setting up a hotspot on iPhone for your reference:

1. Find the Wi-Fi “POP” and connect it on your MAC

2. Open the HandyScan-XXXXX-XXX.dmg

3. Move the HandyScan to Applications

4. OPEN HandyScan

5. Set The Security and Privacy

6. Power your POP with a POWER BANK or YOUR MAC.

7. The UI on MAC is the same as that on Windows. Please follow the user manual.
    Download | Revopoint 3D Technologies Inc.

What do you mean buy set up a WiFi?

Thanks for shariing, but I couldn’t get to work. I can’t get enough power from my Pro 11 so that out. I tried setting up my iMac (Big Sur 11.2.3) with no luck. If you see any issues with my setup please let me know.

You didn’t do it right: you have to enter the exact same commands in the Terminal as instructed in the link I provided (Loopback is a special service and is not the name of the hotspot !), or follow the instructions below:

A. Enter the following commands in a Terminal:

B. Though not required, you can check in the “Network Preferences” panel whether the above commands worked: a “Loopback” service with the specified IP and mask should appear along other network services (like “WiFi”, “Ethernet”, etc). In your special case, you should remove the POP service before performing step A because it was a mistake.

C. Open the “Sharing Preferences” panel:

1. Disable “Internet Sharing” if already enable and select the “Loopback” service to “share your connection from”,
  2. Enable the “Wi-Fi” for “To computers using:”,
  3. Click the “WiFi Options” button, this is where the name and password of the WiFi Hotspot need to be specified

D. Enter the name and password for the hotspot (use “WPA2 Personal” security). They should be the same as the name and password that are already stored on the POP scanner device (by default they should be “POP” and “12345678” if you never changed them before through the HandyScan software).
Setting Name and Password for POP HotSpot
Finally click “OK” to save this network configuration and return to the “Sharing Preferences” panel. Then enable “Internet Sharing” (step 4), and click the “Start” button when requested whether to turn on Internet Sharing.

After a few seconds, your WiFi HotSpot should be active on your Mac and the POP scanner should be able to connect to it when running the macOS version of HandyScan.
ActiveHotSpot

Note that the instructions I provided previously to force HandyScan to use WiFi (by modifying the config.xml file inside the bundle) are not actually necessary. The HandyScan software is able to automatically switch from USB to WiFi once the POP scanner can connect to the HotSpot created above.
Once the Hotspot is active, simply follow above RevoPoint Team’s instructions to launch the HandyScan software: [New Release] The Beta Mac Version of Handy Scan - 20210604 - #13 by Revopoint3d

1 Like

After deleting the POP setting in the Network Pane and adding in Loopback in Terminal as you describe, and following the other steps you describe, I still get nothing on the screen in Handy Scan. Do you have any other suggestions? I’m starting to wonder if my POP scanner is defective, though it does have a solid green light.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 10.06.30 PM

I just tested successfully the WiFi Hotspot setup on my iMac (late 2014) running macOS 11.4 or macOS 10.15.7. However this failed on my Mac mini M1 running macOS 11.4. I don’t see anything wrong based on your screenshots. Could you check entering the correct 1st command in the Terminal? The last bit after Loopback is lo0 where l is not a 1 but a lowercase L. Just in case…
You should also try to connect to this POP hotspot from another device: if this other device cannot see or connect to it then that would indicate that the issue is unlikely to be due to the POP scanner (especially if it shows a stable green light).

Tested on a new Mac mini M1 (macOS 11.4): the larger preview window shows only a quarter of the expected preview size (lower left quadrant) as illustrated on the screenshot. I don’t have this issue when running HandyScan on an Intel-based Macintosh computer also running macOS 11.4. Also HandyScan feels a bit slow on this M1 computer compared to my 7-year-old iMac… The app appears to be compiled with Intel processors only, so it is run through Rosetta 2 explaining the sub-par performance. I hope you will be able to provide soon an universal version, natively compatible with Apple Silicon ! Thank you.

Managed to get mine to work on mac lastnight the only way I could get mine to work is to change the name of my router to POP and do it that way, will do for now

Hello
but where is HandyStudio?