[Mac Wi-Fi Beta] RevoScan_4.0.0.20220307d.R.Beta1

Dear All,

The new Mac beta Wi-Fi version is available now! You can download it via this link:

Notice: Only supports the macOS 10.15 or above.

You can check the connection methods here:

FEATURE UPDATES:

• Improved the UI style to increase workflow.
  • Added Guide & Support pages to describe scanning tasks & procedures and to contact our customer service team.
  • Added independent popup notification for errors and task completion.
  • Point Cloud fusion parameters and mesh quality can now be customized.
  • Added a file directory for saved models, including status and thumbnails, to support batch operations.
  • Added the preview interface on the Home page.
  • Added the “redo” feature.
  • Added automatic point cloud fusion option.
  • Added Batch post-processing feature for fusion, mesh and texture operations on selected models.
  • Added custom scan settings that can be saved for similar scanning projects.
  • Added compatibility setting and recovery feature with the software parameter.
  • Optimized the Texture operation.
  • Added information dialogs for new features.
  • Upgraded to support the POP 2’s new features.
  • Multi-language support (support Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese)
  • Compatible with all POP functions and scanning modes.
  • Fully support the new features of the new POP2, support the High Accuracy mode, and Wi-Fi Host/Client connection method.

Special Note:

• The POP2 Wi-Fi connection can be used smoothly, it is recommended that the Mac Wi-Fi network card connection rate/mode reach [802.11ac, 5GHz, 80MHz - Tx Rate: 433 Mbps]
  • This version only supports Wi-Fi connection to POP/POP 2. The next beta version upgrades will add support for USB wired connection mode.

Best Regards
The Revopoint Team

1 Like

I will be testing this as soon as my pop 2 comes in. Thanks for your continued development.

1 Like

but on March 15th there were no new betas for the MAC?

Hi @Giuapau ,

I’m so sorry, the new beta USB version is delayed because we found bugs. But it is at the final testing stage, so it won’t take so long.

We will release it once it is available. I appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards
Cassie

I was unable to connect my POP2 with the wifi on Revo Scan. I changed the settings in the Revo Scan, but it would not let me confirm those settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RevoScan_4.0.0.20220307d.R.Beta1

I am unable to run the Beta on my mac. I have downloaded and re-installed 3 times. It crashes upon trying to run with the error stating library issue. In the Framework library folder there is an alias with the name given below that points to a different versioned lib? The lib in question is libosg.161.dylib the framework alias goes to Frameworks/libosg.3.6.5.dylib

Error results below:

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/libosg.161.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/RevoScan.app/Contents/MacOS/RevoScan
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/RevoScan.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libosg.161.dylib: cannot load ‘libosg.161.dylib’ (load command 0x80000034 is unknown)
/Applications/RevoScan.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libosg.161.dylib: stat() failed with errno=1

Binary Images:
0x1002da000 - 0x100c95ff3 +chishine.RevoScan (0) <18654497-E26D-3A75-9934-28AE3242B761> /Applications/RevoScan.app/Contents/MacOS/RevoScan
0x10cf79000 - 0x10cfc39df dyld (551.3) /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacBookPro9,2, BootROM 228.0.0, 2 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.9 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.2f44
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, Intel HD Graphics 4000

RevoScan_4.0.0.20220307d.R.Beta1
using POP2

I am unable to run the Beta on my mac. I have downloaded and re-installed 3 times. It crashes upon trying to run with the error stating library issue. In the Framework library folder there is an alias with the name given below that points to a different versioned lib? The lib in question is libosg.161.dylib the framework alias goes to Frameworks/libosg.3.6.5.dylib

Error results below:

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/libosg.161.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/RevoScan.app/Contents/MacOS/RevoScan
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/RevoScan.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libosg.161.dylib: cannot load ‘libosg.161.dylib’ (load command 0x80000034 is unknown)
/Applications/RevoScan.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libosg.161.dylib: stat() failed with errno=1

Binary Images:
0x1002da000 - 0x100c95ff3 +chishine.RevoScan (0) <18654497-E26D-3A75-9934-28AE3242B761> /Applications/RevoScan.app/Contents/MacOS/RevoScan
0x10cf79000 - 0x10cfc39df dyld (551.3) /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacBookPro9,2, BootROM 228.0.0, 2 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.9 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.2f44
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, Intel HD Graphics 4000

Macbook Pro M1- this doesn’t work. Details provided in other threads but no solution provided. I can connect to the pop’s wifi network properly and the scan app just sits there and never connects.

This is quite frustrating since it also doesn’t work on Android either. So basically the device is totally unusable.

revoscan software isnt working on m1 mac, connected device thru cable and upon clicking confirm on new scan the software crashes

I tried again this time by removing all libraries and re-installing with permissions. Still the same issue. This is frustrating! How can test a product within 14 days that doesn’t work on my devices? I tried installing on my phone and it flakes out. Tried installing on my iPad and it said it only supported v13, I’m on 12.5…Tried Handyscan instead, it would only open.

This beta is WIFI only, you cant use the cable yet.

Hi @danC ,

Could you please check this post and see if your connection steps are right? Thank you.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @filmchaser @exr90 @noc03 ,

Sorry so much for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please double confirm that you don’t plug the power cable to your Mac directly?

If you can, pls kindly check these connection steps:

Best Regards
Cassie

I have not plugged it into my computer. I tried that once but every other time I have powered I by a USB power supply either directly or by a powerbank. That doesn’t and wouldn’t change the fact that the software will not start.

I have a Macbook pro running the latest version of Catalina. The POP2 wifi shows up, but it never accepts the password. I have tried it numerous times, turning Wifi on and off and it alway says unable to connect.

As mentioned, I have not been trying to use it plugged in (although I did try that to be thorough) The software crashes and does not even start. I got it to open on another device but it crashes during scans. I think you should extend the return period since I’ve had this over a week and yet to get a complete scan. The customers trying to support your endeavor shouldn’t be penalized when your software fails. I cannot say that I have actually been able to successfully test this device yet. And at 2x the cost of competitors it would benefit you to solve the issues or give users enough time to actually get it to work for real testing. I REALLY want the quality of this scanner. But I also want to be able to reliably scan something…anything.

Hi @danC ,

The password is Revopoint3d

Could you please double confirm that you type the right password?

If yes, could you share us a video or have an online meeting with us?

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @filmchaser ,

Can we have an online meeting? Please let me know when it is available for you.

If we can see the problem directly, we can solve it asap.

Best Regards
Cassie

I can be available at 2:30 pm central. How would you like to connect?

@Revopoint3D-Cassie If not, give me some kind of info? Is there a zoom meeting? Is after 3pm Better? Etc…? I’M only 1 day away from having to return if not satisfied so yes, I would like to actually try it out.