List of compatible phones of USB Mode - The Wi-Fi mode is available for most phones

Hello,

Updated info on July 30:
The Wi-Fi connection issue of some phones like Samsung/Google phones are solved by the newest version v2.5.9, check this post: [Update on 20210722] The Android version of Handy Scan - v2.5.9.20210721 - #15 by Revopoint3D-Cassie

Updated info on June 4th:
https://forum.revopoint3d.com/t/new-android-version-update-the-updated-android-version-of-handy-scan-v1-6-8-20210527

I realize that a lot of people are asking questions about the compatibility of phones’ USB MODE,
So I decided to create this topic to list as many models as possible.

**Before reading this post, please noted: *
**1. You can use all phones via Net/Wi-Fi Mode;
**2. Some phones can’t use USB mode is because these phones don’t support high-current power supply to external devices. For these devices’ users, you can use Net(Wi-Fi) mode. Net(Wi-Fi) mode is very convenient too.

Updated info on May 26th, 2021.
For Android phones, Revopoint released a new special version to solve the problems, hope the users under this post can download and test it: List of compatible phones of USB Mode - The Wi-Fi mode is available for most phones - #31 by Kennyishio

The list is in the following post, but please Read this :

I will update the subject with each new information that you bring to me.
For this, please provide me with several things:
-The model of your phone (if possible specify the presice version if there are several models (RAM, different processor, etc.)
-Android version
-HandyScan version installed
What works or not:
-In USB mode / In Wifi mode / Both
-If that does not work, determine what is happening (The application crashes, how, The POP disconnects, the status of the LEDs)

Remember to come back and tell us if with a new version of the application it works, or if you have found a way to make it work.

All this information will allow two things:
-Help the community see what works and what doesn’t (and by the way avoid asking for it over and over again)
-Help the Revopoint team fix bugs and can make POP work on more devices than now
This way everyone will gain in efficiency.

Even if your phone is already in the list, do not hesitate to come and confirm what works or does not work because sometimes Android is capricious and reacts differently on the same models but with different applications that interfere)

You can also tell me how many Frames your phone takes before stopping the scan for lack of memory, to make a table compared to the size of your RAM

Together we will go much further!

1 Like

Some important thing :
-Almost all phones can be connected via Net/Wi-Fi Mode successfully.
-Some phones can’t use USB mode is because these phones don’t support high-current power supply to external devices. For these devices’ users, I suggest to use WiFi mode.

Other phones might work perfectly, but here are the list of confirmed and tested models.

WORKS Both USB + WiFi
PHONE MODEL RAM WIFI MODE USB MODE Max Frames Notes
HTC U11 4Go Y Y ~410
Huawei Mate 20 4Go Y Y
Huawei Mate 30 8Go Y Y
Huawei Mate 40 8Go Y Y
Huawei Nova 6 8Go Y Y
Huawei P30 6Go Y Y
Huawei P40 8Go Y Y
LG V60 ThinQ 5G 8Go Y Y
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 LTE 6/8Go Y Y
Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro 6Go Y Y ~770
Xiaomi Mi 10 6Go Y Y
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 6/8/10Go Y Y
PARTIALLY WORKS
Google Pixel 4 6Go Y N USB: phone reboot
Google Pixel 4XL 6Go Y N USB: phone reboot
OnePlus 7 8Go Y N USB connect/disconnect
Poco X3 NFC 6Go Y N USB connect/disconnect
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 8Go Y N
Samsung Galaxy S10e 6Go Y N
Samsung Galaxy S10+ 8Go Y N
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G 8Go Y N
Nokia 5.3 3Go Y N Doesn’t recognise Smartphone
Nokia 7.2 4/6Go Y N Doesn’t recognise Smartphone

LGV30, Hotspot not accessing , power the POP with power bank and nothing seem to work, yet

DOES NOT WORK Temporarily
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 12Go Y N
Samsung Galaxy S9+ 6Go Y N
Samsung Galaxy S20+ Ultra 12Go Y N
3 Likes

Good idea, thought if this too. Have you already started a list ? Something like a Google sheet of so ?

1 Like

I’m looking through the topics one by one to see which phones people have already talked about to start filling out the list

1 Like

I’ll reply in here directly as soon as I can test in on my Nokia phone :wink:

2 Likes

Great idea, Zoltan! :grinning:

2 Likes

Not on my iPhone SE because the hotspot does not work as expected by the software. Why didn’t they use Bluetooth instead of WIFI?

1 Like

Because the transmission speed in bluetooth is ridiculous compared to WiFi
The latest Bluetooth 54Mb/sec ( older 5Mb/sec)
Even old WiFi 600Mb)sec and newest 10Gb/sec

Hello,
what about OPPO A92S?

Edited because too long :slight_smile:

Gsmarena tested phones
WORKS WITH REVOPOINT https://www.gsmarena.com/
Phone WIFI MODE USB MODE Memory Network Price Notes
Huawei Mate 40 Y Y 128GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G $1,090.00
Huawei Mate 40 Y Y 256GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G $1,200.00
Huawei Mate 30 Y Y 128GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE $650.00
Huawei Mate 30 Y Y 256GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE $960.00
Huawei P 40 Y Y 128GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G $1,049.00 No Google Play Service
Huawei P 40 Y Y 256GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G $1,300.00 No Google Play Service
Huawei P 40 Y Y 512GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G $1,600.00 No Google Play Service
Huawei P20 Pro Y Y 64GB 6GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE
Huawei P20 Pro Y Y 128GB 6GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE $429.00
Huawei P20 Pro Y Y 128GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE
Huawei P20 Pro Y Y 256GB 6GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE
Huawei P20 Pro Y Y 256GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE
Huawei Nova 6 Y Y 128GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE $529.00 No Google Play Service
Xiaomi 10 Y Y 64GB 6GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE $279.00
Xiaomi 10 Y Y 128GB 6GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE $329.00
Xiaomi Mix 3 Y Y 128GB 6GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE $288.00
Xiaomi Mix 3 Y Y 128GB 8GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE $373.00
Xiaomi Mix 3 Y Y 256GB 10GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE N/A
Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro Y Y Android 10 - RAM 6GB ( ~770 Frames)
LG V60 ThinQ 5G Y NOY TESTED 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G $414.00
TESTED WITH POP PARTIAL FUNCTIONALITY
Samsung S10e
-Poco X3 NFC (Wifi OK, USB connect/disconnect) Y N
NOT YET RELEASED OR TESTED WITH POP BUT A POSSIBILITY
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition 6 GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE N/A
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition 8 GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE $324.02
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition 12 GB RAM GSM / HSPA / LTE N/A
TESTED WITH POP NO FUNCTIONS
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2
Samsung S20+ Ultra

Hello,
If you can’t find your phone in the list, it’s most likely that no one has confirmed that it works yet. I hope you can tell us more when you get the scanner.

Thanks, Had not considered that.
Of course it doesn’t matter because, apparently, my iPhone SE does not work because its Hotspot does not work as expected.
Or I just don’t know how to make it work.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S10+ model number SM-G975U - Android 11 - 8GB memory - Only works in WiFi (hotspot) when hooked to an external power source (like a portable battery pack that has more than 1A output).

1 Like

Wifi & straight usb NOT working on samsung galaxy s9+.

Very dissapointing since the “use it without laptop” part was the reason i was interested.

1 Like

Don’t worry, and most importantly remember that the Android app is still a beta version, the scanner is not even a month old. the developers are aware of the problem, they are doing their best to find a solution as soon as possible.

sorry for the inconvenience

So here are my results, and a power check (see pics)

Nokia 5.3 - 64GB :
WiFi : OK with a powerbank, quick scan test, it works, connection not always straightforward
USB : NOK - Doesn’t recognise Smartphone

Nokia 7.2 - 64GB
WiFi : OK with a powerbank, quick scan test, it works, connection seems better than on 5.3
USB : NOK - Doesn’t recognise Smartphone

Ideally I’d use USB with a Y cable, but I’d rather be sure that works before I buy one, and would like some feedback from Revopoint there if possible :grinning:

Power check
The POP really draws 1 Amp and peek to 1.05
My 2 Nokia phones deliver up to 0.73 Amps, it seems the POP tries to draw more and resets (POP seems to reboot)

Powerbank

Nokia phones

1 Like

Try a different cable for whatever you’re using to daisy chain the USB power meter. The output of the power bank should be 5V. You’re seeing a 10% lower voltage, that’s a sign of a current-limiting resistance in the circuit someplace, or maybe a not-too-good power bank… The scanner wants Power. which is Volts * Current. If you get the voltage up closer to 5V the current will drop proportionally.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F) - Android 11
USB: Not OK, Android app shuts down immediately after connection (RGB camera shows for a moment, then App quits). Even with power bank and USB-C splitter, still not OK - despite phone and POP both being powered off Bank OK (5V 3A).
WIFI: Works OK

1 Like

I can’t agree on this. They advised with android support, then added IOS if a certein pledge was reached. There has been testing, there have been a small trial by users and now the product is out in the open.

I could agree if i used some weird old android phone, or the latest ios because that was “added later” to the plans. But, originally advertising it as android supporting and then not running on 1 of the biggest brands with latest updates is just a no go. This should work, period. Sure they are very busy with it, but now it looks like they tried everything to ship the hardware in time but forgot to finish the software.

1 Like