Just Received New Mini Scanner and Feature Request

After POP2 , I Got new mini. Tried it just now.
But this bothers me:
The Blue laser light still on while fusing points or generating meshes…
I hope software can shut laser down while fusing…

2 Likes

It shutting it down while fusing and meshing … unless you used mobile app …or outdated Revo Scan app for computer .

Yep. I used the Android Mobile app…

this annoys me also, I have asked them to include a stand by / pause scanner button in revoscan.
can’t be good for the eyes either I imagine.

1 Like

I am considering 3D printing a Flip-able Laser cover…

that would work, but the blue light would still be still running, Im sure these things wear out after many hours of use, turning it off would extend the life of the unit for sure. also covering the light might cause light to bounce back into the sensor causing issues or cause over heating.

2 Likes

Don’t do that , it is not recommended to cover the laser with anything especially plastic while it is running , it is delicate DLP laser projector , it can get south doing so. The reason they did not even covered it with the plexy glass cover , the lens need to be open while running .

1 Like

it is first class laser, it will not damage your eyes unless you put it 1cm in front of your eyeball for long time .

I was hoping they did add this function as they did on computer but they did not .
what I do just cut the power after I am ready for fusing , you don’t need to keep it connected while fusing or meshing or texturing .

1 Like