Everything you need to know about Calibration for a 3D scanner

Hi @keifer ,

Just want to follow up, if your problem is solved or not?

We released a new version - V3.0.5.6, pls try this one if the problem still exists.

https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/Revo_Studio_for_win_v3.0.5.6.20220325.zip

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @Alano ,

Sorry, the Mac OS is different and special, and we meet the difficulties during developing the software. I will release it as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Cassie

so far so good. I’m currently making a bigger turntable the one that shipped with my POP2 wabbles a lot and is causing my scanner to “Loss track” so I’m making a new one, I also need to change out my GPU as the scanning process uses 98% of my CPU while scanning and although my CPU it water-cooled it still hurts to see lol.

Hi @keifer ,

Glad to hear that.

If you meet any further problems, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Hi Cassie,
The calibration program does not start up, running as administrator does not help. Or re-installing or restarting the pc. Lenovo thinkpad tablet.
Windows 10 pro 64bit

1 Like

Hi @PodoTools ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Glad to see that you’re back to this forum again.

May I know if you check the firewall setting on your laptop?

Best Regards
Cassie

What should I change in my Firewall settings?
I tried to run calibration with AVG off, that did not help.
Firewall setting says: Microsoft defender firewall is inactive, since I use other providers (?)

Another question: When the pop scanner is calibrated on one device, will the same calibration be accurate when using another computer?

Hi @PodoTools

Usually no need to set the firewall. Just a user told me that he could use the Revo Calibration after he turns off the firewall. Now my colleague is confirming the problem reason.

Yes, after you calibrate the scanner and write the result, the device has the exact calibration when using another computer. (Btw, you mean POP 2, right? Now the calibration software is not available for POP.)

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Thank you Cassie.
Yes Pop2, received it yesterday.
I will try to calibrate using another computer.
Will let you know the results in a few days. Out of office now.
Erik

1 Like

hello, I’m blocked when I do the calibration at level 15/23. impossible to have the adequate distance despite the frame and the green line. Does anyone have a solution?
My pop2 is new but when I scan the statue (cesar…?) the mouth isn’t drawn as well.
Thank you for your help
Nicolas

1 Like

Hi @nicop ,

May I know if you tried one more time? I wonder if it is always be very difficult at 15/23. (I don’t meet this issue when testing it).

For the mouse of Agrippa sample, please make sure that the distance is Excellent so that POP 2 can catch more details. The mode should be High- Accuracy. For this white sculpture, pls choose “No color”. Firstly, make the sculpture stand on the turntable, and scan for one circle, then, put it down on the turntable, and scan another circle.

Best Regards
Cassie

Every time I try to open the calibration program I get a flash of the program on screen and then nothing happens. I have tried re installing, running as administrator compatibility mode, nothing works Please help as my scanner needs to be calibrated as it frequently loses it’s place and start’s
into a never ending spin. Thanks

You should be able to run the software, I hope the staff can help you with that but …

Calibration has nothing to do with your problem , and will not fix your problems .

The problem you experiencing is because :

1. Not enough features on your object
  2. Too much Anbient or direct Light
  3. Wrong mode for wrong object
  4. You overscan the surfaces too many times the first time
  5. The surface is too smooth - use marker mode with markers, or the turntable top plate and make sure the markers showing up in your Depth camera preview .
  6. Make sure the object is visible in the preview as much as possible , first scan at 360 rotation-300 frames and fusion … it will give you a good base to finish the rest of the scan , continue scanning just the 360 rotation and fuse it each time .Do not overlap the scanned area , bad for the mesh and bad fir the textures. Scanning the object too many times over and over will not improve the quality.

Hi @Foundryguy ,

Sorry, I just see your comment.

May I know if you can use the Revo Calibration now? Btw, what happens when you’re using the Revo Scan? What laptop do you use?

Best Regards
Cassie

@Revopoint-Cassie Hi,the POP2 I bought before did not include the calibration plate, now how do I need to get the calibration plate?

@PCB_segmen are you sure you don’t purchased POP 1 ? all POP2 was shipped in the middle of March with the calibration plates included . There was not early shipping without calibration plates.

So question Cassie, does the original POP version have a method to calibrate it? Downloaded the Revo Calibration program and it recognizes the camera but when I go to connect the camera it freezes up and doesn’t connect. Any suggestions? Sounds like I am going to have to look for a POP 2.
Thank You, Nick

1 Like

Hi @PUTV, I follow the video instruction, and got my best result is 0.15. How could you get the 0.05 accuracy, does the lighting room affect the calibration process?
Thank you in advance

Level your table for best result , not all device will calibrate to the same values. But leveling the table helped a lot.

1 Like

@Revopoint-Cassie
Hello :slight_smile:
What should I do if the calibration program does not run?
I use desktop.
When you run a program, nothing happens.
It’s the same if run it with administrator privileges.