Breaking: POP 2 Remarkable Progress made by our R&D team

Dear Users,

We’re glad to share some good news on our POP 2 software development.

1. We finished the development of a new Wi-Fi connection method - Wi-Fi Host mode .

Under this Wi-Fi host mode, the scan speed can be up to 10fps/s! No other 3D scanner in this world can reach such a speed under Wi-Fi mode.

This means even when you connect via Wi-Fi, you can get the same scan result quickly! Of course, you can use the Marker mode as usual!

This Wi-Fi host will be available for all devices, including Mac, iPhone, Android, and Windows PC/laptop.

2. After a long time of hard work, our developer team almost finished developing the latest firmware and software upgrade of POP 2.

With the improved firmware and software algorithm, the single capture accuracy can be even better than 0.1mm, and the best we tested is 0.05mm! Yes, we mean the real 0.05mm.

3. As we had announced yesterday, all POP 2 users will have a Calibration Board & software! Your POP 2 can get the essential feature of a professional-level 3D Scanner. As you know, all professional-level 3D needs to be calibrated after using it for about a year.

Revopoint would never stop the step on improving products. Stay tuned with us!

Best Regards

The Revopoint Team

24 Likes

Fantastic, Revopoint team!

Now this are great news - can’t wait to start scanning … :slight_smile:

Can you estimate now when the shipments begin?

With the improved firmware and software algorithm, the single capture accuracy can be even better than 0.1mm, and the best we tested is 0.05mm! Yes, we mean the real 0.05mm.

Would it be possible to apply same approach to original POP scanners to improve their accuracy as well?

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to the calibration procedure, along with the upgraded software.

1 Like

Cassie,
Can you look into making an improvement in the software? When a user stops the scan they have 2 options… To reset or to complete… I would like to ask to get a 3rd option, to cancel, and go back to the scan. I have a few times by accident pressed the stop instead of the pause scan button… I either end up completing the partial scan or just starting over… I would like to be able to go back and continue my scan where I left off…
Thanks…

4 Likes

Very excited for these updates. After buying a new phone my service provided no longer let’s me host a person hotspot without paying extra. So the Wi-Fi host feature is a big deal for me. Looking forward to using my pop 2 when it arrives, Thanks revopoint!

And it will be so much easier for everyone to just switch between the ‘home’ or ‘work’ WiFi access ports to the new POP 2 WiFi port (also, it works at 5GHz, not just 2.4GHz).

2 Likes

5GHz! That makes it even better, thanks for the info

You can. The third option is cancel, that brings you back to scanning. (Beta version)

Hi friend,

You can download the new Beta v4.0.0 version here: [Windows] Handy Scan V4.0.0 - Beta version

We added the ‘cancel’ button to improve users’ experience on this version.

Thank you for sharing your suggestion with us. If you have any other suggestions, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We will keep improving the software.

Best Regards
Cassie

3 Likes